Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rocking the Regency

I have discovered a treasure.

Regency Dress Up Doll by *savivi on deviantART

This woman is AMAZING-- I have had far too much fun designing Fanny and Charlotte Aubrey--

And Georgiana, who is so much fun. I am by no means an Austen purist, and I am not ashamed to admit that I really liked Tamzin Merchant in Joe Wright's 2005 Version. She was very...impish, which is a quality that suited her, I thought.Those of you familiar with Thackeray will recognize Georgiana's title -- in my fanfic she's married to Marquess of Steyne, his second marriage and her first. I've also now only just realized that she should be a Marchioness. *shrug* The vagaries of rank and style.

I had fun doing myself, too...


But the fun didn't stop there-- she has one for our favorite heroes, too!

Regency Hero Dress Up Doll by *savivi on deviantART

Which meant, of course, that I had to do Richard Hornblower, George Darcy and Phil Norrington as well....Aren't they dashing? I gave George a dog, though he doesn't have one in my story... Perhaps he should get one now.

And you should all go read Husbands and Lovers now. It has so few reviews. Please, even unhappy reviews would be appreciated, too...

Husbands and Lovers, a Napoleonic Wars Crossover of Epic Proportions

1 comment:

  1. You and I must be alike, Merc - this is the sort of thing I'd have hours of endless fun playing with. Or rather.... ahem, HAVE had hours of endless fun playing with ( some person who will remain... un-named went straight to the link after reading the blog)
    But wow! Be assured I will definitely read and review Husbands and Lovers. There's nothing worse than getting no reviews after you slave your fingers to the bone writing chapters to post.

    ReplyDelete