Saturday, August 9, 2008

PaperBackSwap

Those of you who know me well will smile and nod when you hear me say that there is nothing I like more than new books. But you know what I like more than new books?

FREE NEW BOOKS!

So you'll understand entirely why this site is now my new favorite --

PaperBackSwap


The concept's pretty simple. You post books that are in relatively good condition that you no longer want, and people across the county look to see if you've got something they want. If you have book B, and Helen wants Book B, she puts in a request. You get an email saying "HEY -- Helen wants Book B!" It will send you an address label with Helen's address on it, and all you have to do is wrap Book B, buy some postage, and ship the book to Helen. When Helen receives the book, she tells the site what a wonderful person you are, and you get one point. One point equals one book. So now I, having my one book point, can go and find a book that I want, send a request, and the process repeats with someone else. GENIUS! I'll gladly pay the three dollars and change for shipping rather than paying six bucks and change through Amazon for the same book.

You know what else is great? This site does DVDs and CDs, TOO!

HOW COOL IS THIS?

You can check this blogger out at paperbackswap under the name mercurygray. If you get an account there, tell them I referred you -- I get points for doing it!

Ciao-
Mercury

No comments:

Post a Comment