Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Great Minds...

...Often think alike, as the saying goes. And I don't claim to be a great mind most of the time, but when the creator of a hit TV show and I have the same idea, I'll consider myself a great mind for the time being.

From TvGuide.com

Exclusive: Grey's Digs Dirt Star as McArmy's Old Flame

As teased weeks ago in a Mitovich Mega Minute, Grey's Anatomy is going to be shedding light on the shadowy Owen Hunt — by introducing viewers to someone from the Army vet's past.

Playing Owen's ex-lover, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively, will be Laura Allen, whom you either know from A) Dirt, B) The 4400 or C) All My Children. Allen will guest-star in this season's 15th episode, which is shooting this week (and also marks Melissa George's final appearance as Sadie).

Kevin McKidd himself gave me the heads up on this storyline development when I ran into him at Sunday's Golden Globes after-parties. McKidd also hinted that to further explore his character, Hunt's mother or father might be cast later this season.



Okay, I haven't shared much of my new addiction to Grey's with you all on this blog yet, but if you've been following my fanfiction posting, you'll notice that I have written two fics so far, one called The Small Matter of Teaching about Cristina's apparent lack of any teaching chops whatsoever with her interns, and another called All the Befores and Afters about -- guess what? -- Owen's old girlfriend showing up at Seattle Grace. With James Wilson, of all people. Because someone needed to write a Grey's/House crossover and I'm kind of like a crossover guru right now.

So I'm kind of interested to see how this turns out. And to see if my version of Cristina's perception of Owen's previous relationships is true -- "She didn’t look like the sort of woman Cristina imagined Owen dating, but maybe the hospital gown hid that. (In her mind’s eye, Cristina always saw before-Owen dating intense, strong women who climbed mountains and ran marathons for a living, not oncologists who were basically like her except that their line of work involved less stress.)" My Before!Owen girlfriend OC is an oncologist at the University of Chicago who's a pretty chill, awesome type of girl because I think that works with Owen's former adventuresome, adreniline junkie personality. I'm not liking this Laura Allen person in this former girlfriend role because she looks like she's a bit...spiky.

And, for the record, I came up with my idea all on my own. Before this press release, in fact. You can check the dating on my fanfiction if you don't believe me. Now I'm working on expanding the All the Befores and Afters compass to include Owen and Wilson's perspectives on the situation. But it really was my idea. I just hope Shonda Rhimes and the rest of the Grey's writing crew do a good job with their version.

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour Madamoiselle Mercure, et j'adore son "blog"!
    :)
    Thanks for the comment MG :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. MG! Thank you for the comment AGAIN. You got a real streak goin' here.

    Oh and if you ever wanted to listen, go to http://deptorg.knox.edu/wvkc/ and in the top right corner there's an option for listening off campus. It works at home, maybe it'll work at CSB?

    ReplyDelete